Australasia’s largest Resort, Club and Member Management Company Classic Holidays, is celebrating 40 years of holiday memories in 2018. ..
The Strand at Coolangatta is your one stop shop for all your Christmas shopping this year, with everything from groceries to gifts all under the one roof. ..
Connecting Southern Gold Coast (CSGC) and The Strand at Coolangatta have partnered to bring free beach volleyball courts to Coolangatta on the Gold Coast. ..
Gold Coast locals are being invited to join a nationwide photography competition to showcase why our city is one of the best places in the world to live. ..
The Strand at Coolangatta has introduced a free outdoor WiFi hotspot, located in the foreshore park directly opposite the centre on Marine Parade. It is fantastic to see this service now being offered on the Southern Gold Coast, following the provision of free outdoor WiFi in select areas across the city.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all residents in Division 14 a happy festive season. I realise that many of you work in the tourism and hospitality sector, and so for you this may be a time of conflicting work and family responsibilities. However, I hope that you can find the time to down tools for a little while at least and spend precious moments with your family and friends, as these are, after all, the people who play the most important part in all of our lives.
CSGC invited 21 Southern Gold Coast accommodation operators to attend a joint discussion with Gold Coast Tourism on upcoming market opportunities, with a meeting at Currumbin RSL last week. ..
Spotting a ‘For Sale’ sign on a run-down Bilinga property 12 years ago, John and Diane Cartmill saw a prime opportunity for redevelopment of the old La Costa Motel built in the mid-1950s. It didn’t go according to plan, but the story of their transformation of the property – and the successful business they have created – has now captured international attention. ..
Autumn is here, which means Easter is just around the corner! It also means that the SGC Winter is on its way, although you can hardly call it a winter considering average temperatures generally don't get much lower than around 11°C! So while we watch the leaves turn this Autumn, come to the Southern Gold Coast for our amazing weather, great events and so many things to do, you will wear yourself out trying to fit them all in!
- Cooly S w i m CIassic 3rd April - S w i m the Cooly CIassic and conquer three of Australia's most revered surf breaks - Snapper Rocks, Coolangatta and Kirra. Whether you're an ironman or ironwomen contender looking for a hit-out, or a newcomer to ocean swimming, the Cooly CIassic has an option for you.
- Chiko MP CIassic 16th-17th April - The 10th MP CIassic sponsored by Chiko, who will be named 'King of the Point' this year?
- Beach S o c c e r 20th-24th - You are invited to enter a t e a m or join a t e a m in the Gold Coast Beach S o c c e r Challenge to be conducted on 20th/21st April (ages 10/12/14/16); 23rd/24th April open men/women at Coolangatta Beach.
- Anzac Day at the Cooly HoteI 25th April - Get your True Blue Aussie on at the Coolangatta HoteI this Anzac day with two of Australia's best tribute bands playing!
- Chiko Alley CIassic 30th April - 1st May - the 15th Alley cIassic kicks off on the 30th April.
- SGC Welcomes New Business - not exactly a new business, more like an existing business getting bigger!
- Quiksilver & Roxy P r o Contest winner - read on to see who the winner of our survey contest was!
- Is your business socially inclined? - If you have a sociaI media page for your business connect now and read on!
- Cooly Rocks On Update - Not long to go until the new nostalgia FestivaI comes to town folks! Catch up on what's happening with Cooly Rocks on here.
- Websites, Blogs & SociaI Media - Should your business have them?
- gets in on the conversation about online vs offline this month!
V i s i t us on Twitter or Facebook!
Chiko Alley CIassic Cooly Rocks On 3rd - 13th June Tugun Bowlathon 30th-31st July